Create a Link Content Item
Link Content items are a type of content created and stored on the site containing a link to another site. In order to create a link content item, make sure you have content author permissions.
- Expand Administration, select Content, and then click Add New Content.
- Under the Basic Information tab, enter the necessary information in the fields. Note: All fields marked with an asterisk* are required.
- From the Status drop down, select either:
- Draft: to keep the newly created content in draft mode and not visible to users.
- Published: to publish and make the newly created content available to all users.
- From the Type drop down, select Link.
- From the Format drop down, select the format that best applies. The formats range from Audio & Blog to Web Page & White Paper formats, so make sure to select the format that best describes the link content item you're looking to create.
- In the Effective Dates area, click the From field to select the publication start date and the To field to set the publication end date. You can optionally select a date to review the content item by in the field below it marked Review.
- From the Roles drop down, select the users that can view the content once published.
- Then click Save towards the bottom of the page. Once saved, the page reloads and different tabs become available to add information to.
- After the new content item has been saved, click the Link tab on the left.
- In the Link URL field, enter the target URL. From the Target drop down, select Blank to open in a new blank window or Self to open in the active window.
- Next click the Tagging tab. In the Keyword Tags field, enter the keywords with which to tag the content, making it easier to search for. Hit <Enter> after each added keyword. From the Content Category Tags area, select the content categories to associate with the new item.
- Click the Notifications tab to add specific users to the notification list; this way every time the content item is updated, the users under Notifications will receive an email.
- Remember to click Save when you're finished.
- To preview the newly created link content item, just click View at the bottom of the page.
The page you are trying to view has expired and is no longer available for viewing.