CareersLooking for a technology career in the U.S. or India?
Ridgehead Software is a dynamic and fast growing company both in the U.S. and India that values people as its most important asset. We are constantly on the lookout for fresh talent and new perspectives. Ridgehead prides itself on building positive, lasting relationships with our staff and has a growth path based on quality, performance, and learning.
Click here to contact us
We offer our employees and contractors:
- Work-from-home opportunities for people that have a proven track records in self-governance and are self-motivated
- An informal and open work culture that is collaborative, results-oriented, and invigorating
- Competitive salary package
To be considered for a position on the Ridgehead team, email a resume to email@example.com.
Following is a list of the positions and job locations we currently have. Be aware that all U.S. job openings are for remote work-from-home individuals – although our preference is for the U.S. team to be in-or-around the Tampa/St. Pete area in Florida.
For India positions, the only location we will consider is for individuals located in Bangalore or Hyderabad.
Be aware, that we DO NOT accept any resumes, calls, or inquiries from staffing or placement companies. These requests will be deleted without being read.
Web DeveloperBangalore or Hyderabad, India
The Web Developer will develop, deploy, and support content-driven, media-rich Web sites and Web applications. Developers will be involved in the full life-cycle of development for the project, including design & architecture, user interfaces, business logic, workflows, and databases.
Ridgehead is offering full-time unique opportunities to experienced web and .NET developers with MySQL and SQL experience for work on client-related CMS/CRM projects. This is a virtual position, but candidates must be located in Bangalore or Hyderabad India (no other locations will be considered), and candidates must have a proven track record of being able to work remotely, be self-motivated, and must be able to provide references.
Compensation is commensurate with the applicants’ education and experience.
The candidate will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Build and update database-driven web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio and Subversion source control.
- Test and evaluate new and existing web applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs in existing web applications.
- Suggest new, creative, and profitable ideas for new or existing websites and applications.
- Develop support collateral to support development projects and activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3+ years experience in Web application development using ASP.NET (C#), including MVC.
- 1-2+ years experience with relational database development, including SQL Server, Access, or MYSQL.
- ASP.Net & C#
- Classic ASP or PHP
- Java, specifically JBOSS
- SQL, MySQL (transact SQL, stored procedures, data entities, etc.)
- XML development
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and Fireworks.
- Ability to think conceptually.
- Ability to work independently with work hours that overlap with U.S. business hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- B.Sc (IT or CS), B.Tech/B.E, M.Tech/M.E, MCA.
If you meet these requirements, and are interested in this position, then email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHP, Java, HTML5, iOS, and Android DevelopersBengaluru Area, India
We are looking for developers from India who have experience in PHP, Java, HTML5, iOS, or Android to work onsite for two years with a team of developers in Cape Town, South Africa.
A leading cloud and mobile software company located in Cape Town is looking for experienced developers for a contract position in sunny South Africa for two years. We provide a very exciting opportunity for the right team of developers to experience a very different, dynamic environment for a contract term that may be extended beyond the initial period.
We’re passionate about building amazing software and seeking smart, driven individuals who want to make an impact in their industry and also grow in their personal experience of life.
We offer an exciting working environment overlooking the Cape Town Waterfront, Table Mountain, and yacht basin plus accommodation fairly close to the offices. The view from the offices above is amazing!
The company is lead by an experienced software entrepreneur from South Africa with significant international experience and success.
Overview of Position
Lead and/or assist in the creation and operation of innovative Cloud based server applications delivered via mobile apps on the leading iOS, Android, and HTML5 platforms. Our applications use Amazon Web Services as a cloud platform and we make extensive use of a number of the AWA APIs to permit maximum scalability.
This position will require that you spend 2 years in Cape Town South Africa as part of the development team. The company will cover the following costs:
- Travel from India to South Africa.
- Accommodation (single for senior/team lead developer, twin for medium level developers)
- Transport to and from work.
- Food is provided if developer selects to save up salary for payment in lump sums: quarterly, bi-annually, or at the end of the contract.
- Contract term is 2 years.
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, and/or equivalent and 5+ years of experience:
- Experience developing SaaS applications.
- Proven experience of the LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) architecture.
- Proven experience in PHP and web application development.
- Experience with Java, jQuery, PHP frameworks such as Yii and SVN.
- Swift and Xcode experience using Objective-C is an advantage.
- Experience with Android SDK and with communication protocol such as AOA (Android Open Accessory) and IAP (IPod Accessory Protocol).
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- A solid understanding of Amazon Web Services.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with the development/staging/production cycle.
- Ability to debug and QA as well as adapt and adjust to existing code.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and hard working with the ability to perform at a fast pace with minimal supervision and as part of an agile team.
- Experience in building mobile receptive sites and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executing and completion high profile development work.
- Research, identify, and utilize appropriate tools, libraries, frameworks, and languages to solve problems and deliver results using the most effective methods.
- Document functionality of software, including public APIs.
- Write and maintain appropriate unit and integration test suites.
- Work as a collaborative member of a team as well as be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and apply appropriately to business problems.
- Work on multiple assignments simultaneously and perform under stress to deliver on committed timelines with a keen focus on driving high quality results.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to assimilate new information understand complex topics and arrive at sound analysis and judgment.
Salary is based on the education, work experience, and tenure as a developer.
Interested applicants contact email@example.com. We will not accept calls from staffing companies or recruiters. Only qualified applicants with the correct work experience, tenure, and credentials will be considered.
Software QA EngineerBengaluru Area, India
Ridgehead Software is looking for a Software QA Engineer with at least 5 years experience, including skills with automated testing programs such as Selenium.
Please include resume if interested.
The job description involves:
- Develop and maintain use and test cases
- Learn our software applications and then regression and unit test them
- Build out automated tests to help strengthen our QA
- Liaise with clients to resolve issues related to deployed sites and related modules
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adherence to client deadlines
- Ability to self-train and be an independent worker.
- Required to work from home and work U.S. hours
- Self Starter
- Good Communication Skills – Written/Oral
- Evening work hours to overlap with U.S. based colleagues
Interested applicants please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not accept calls from staffing companies or recruiters. Only qualified applicants with the correct work experience, tenure, and credentials will be considered.
Please note that if you have less than 5 years of experience, you will not be contacted for an interview. Also, if you do not send a resume, you will not be contacted for an interview.